Subject: Trusted voting - finding the other pieces out there.

Our team research assistant - Ed Dodds - found these pieces today:

Specification for printed ballot layouts -
Open source consortium to develop process software -

http://open-vote.org/

Both whom seem like good candidates to collaborate
with OASIS on developing a trusted process model.

Ed also found the below - that shows just how challenged
our voting systems will become over the next 10 to 15
years as technology is arrayed to maximize voting.

I was envisioning where a video phone could be used
to stream pictures of voters arriving at a polling station
to a remote server for example...next up - network
jammers in polling stations....and no vehicles parked
for more than 30 minutes in the parking lot...

And we see how vital it is to have separation of
electoral roll from the DRM systems...as the
trusted process model requires.

DW