Subject: Re: [election-services] Further musings on the need for VVPAT...

Ahhh Perception is king, I am afraid.

OK lets look at the "I really have no way too of knowing - just
because I got that email - that my vote was really
recorded that way electronically into the system". true, But nor do you if
you post it.

Has the post lost it??? I have a camera at this moment somewhere in USPS
vans lost now for 5 weeks. Our post office here loses Millions of letters
a year.

Has the little man or lady really verified it or have they just got bored
and thrown it away.

At some point a person has to start believing in something, or at least a
combination of 2 things which is why I like the dual approach. However I
do not see that postal on its own is viable, (UK experience). But I do see
it as being a very good method of verification for e-Voting methods. Which
can be made secure and easy to use.

Bring the 2 together and maybe perception will change. Just as it has with
online purchasing.

Cheers
Simon

<quote who="David Webber \(XML\)">