Subject: RE: [election-services] Urgent - 15th April response to NIST / EAI glossary

David
You'll find the EML Glossary of terms in the Process document.  We spent a lot of time agonising over terminology as it confused us no end in the early days, but you will have to emphasis our Glossary is what we are using within the TC for EML definition.  It in no way implies universal agreement on the terms.

From: David Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 04 April 2005 19:46
To: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [election-services] Urgent - 15th April response to NIST / EAI
glossary

Team,

NIST have asked for input on their glossary.  See below.

I believe we need to add several terms germaine to OASIS EML.

Clearly EML - Election Markup Language is missing for starters.

I can volunteer to coordinate submissions from OASIS EML TC
to the folks at NIST.

Can you please send me your suggestions in the same format
they are using - e.g.

Electronic Cast Vote Record (ECVR): Deprecated, replaced by Cast Vote Record
(CVR).
Association: voting
Source: IEEE 1583

Thanks, DW

*********
EAC ENCOURAGES IMMEDIATE COMMENT TO NIST ON DRAFT GLOSSARY FOR
VOLUNTARY VOTING SYSTEM GUIDELINES

IMMEDIATE COMMENT REQUESTED EAC is encouraging immediate comment to
NIST on the following
item posted to our home page at
http://www.eac.gov/
DRAFT Glossary for Voluntary Voting System Guidelines
http://www.eac.gov/voting_glossary.asp

Comments should be submitted no later than April 15. COMMENTS ON THIS
DRAFT SHOULD BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STANDARDS
AND TECHNOLOGY (NIST) AT voting@nist.gov.

As required by the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA), the U.S.
Election Assistance Commission (EAC) is working with the National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to develop new Voluntary
Voting System Guidelines which will replace the 2002 Voting System
Standards. Part of this effort includes updating the glossary of
terms.
*********