Subject: EML voting records and XDS Registry?

It occurs to me that the XDS registry and its folder mechanism can provide
an ideal environment for storing voting records in.  Folders can be used
to organize blocks of votes by district.  And the security mechanism can
guard access and store certificates, keys, and provide audit logs.

If people think this is a good idea - I think we can explore this with
NIST and the ebXML registry teams.

Also - since XDS is now an open source project - we could actually
implement something here that would provide a robust production
environment for storing voting outcomes using EML formats.

The links to the XDS technology can be found on the IHEOS news
item here: http://ebxmlforum.org/

DW