Subject: ADVANCING THE EML STANDARD

We have discussed at the last couple of TC meetings the possibility of advancing EML from its current status of a Committee Draft to a full OASIS Standard and possibly eventually to an ISO standard.  To do that there are a number of steps we have to take.

1.  First we have to move from our current Committee Draft status to Committee Specification.  This initially requires a full public review of the draft and we need a TC vote to undertake that step. Any comments received from the public review have to be addressed before there is a further TC vote to move it to a Committee Specification.

2.  Following 1. above we can then vote to go to full OASIS Standard.  The Committee Spec is then put to vote by the entire OASIS membership and we require a 15% vote in favour to achieve the full Standard status.

3.  We can then use the OASIS/ISO liaison to advance the Standard into ISO.

So first things first, we need to do 1 above and I'll set up that vote later today so please watch out for the notification and vote.

John

"The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Local e-Government Standards Body. All sent and received email from the Local e-Government Standards Body is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues."