Subject: RE: [election-services] NEW IPR POLICY

David

I do not intend to move on the IPR change until we have v4 through its approval processes, but I do feel if we are then to go on and do further enhancements with EML and any work with IEEE we should do that activity under the new policy arrangements.  But as I said this is down to a TC decision, not mine, and I'll take further soundings on that in the New Year.

Any suggestion that we should await for the Board to change their minds is perhaps over optimistic as I'm not aware its even on their current agenda.

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 22 November 2005 13:29
To: Borras, John
Cc: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org

John,

Clarification.

We have two years in which to make the transition.

I'd rather not stir up a hornets nest here.

I see no reason for us to adopt the new IPR at this moment - and certainly not to change the rules until the V4.0 is formally approved.

Also - we would want to know if the new IPR RF wording causes any issues for IEEE if we going to be hoping to work with them too.

It's a case here of not jumping into the new ship until we know for sure it is seaworthy!!

Thanks,

DW