Subject: RE: [election-services] Re: EML WHITE PAPER

Bernard,

For the Flemish we used EML520 for communication to the media, but we added some specific EML documents containing documents for aggregations and comparisons. I would not think that EML520 was only intended for "internal" usage. As you state Media need other views on the results. Maybe EML can be extended to accommodate for this.

But while we are at this, we used EML520 on 2 levels a partly result and a complete result, and as far as I can recall it was  not intended for that either.

Johan terryn

From: Bernard Van Acker [mailto:bernard_vanacker@be.ibm.com]
Sent: dinsdag 6 februari 2007 9:05
To: John Borras
Cc: EML TC
Subject: [election-services] Re: EML WHITE PAPER

John,

A question from my colleagues here: can we confirm that communication of the results to the media is also in scope of EML, by using the 520 schema? I would think so, but I'd prefer to check with you.
The question comes from the fact that  the media appear to have other information needs about the elections (comparisons with previous elections for example) than those of governments.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Bernard

Bernard Van Acker
Certified IS Security Professional
Associate IT Architect
IBM Global Business Services
tel ++32 2 225 2939 mobile ++32 496 84 62 60
e-mail: Bernard_Vanacker@be.ibm.com