Subject: RE: [election-services] Re: EML WHITE PAPER

Bernard,

OK - I'll add some suggestions to the 520 based on these ideas / comments so far - if you have more specific samples - please send them soonest - I'm trying to complete everything here this week...

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
From: Bernard Van Acker <bernard_vanacker@be.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, February 06, 2007 4:37 am
To: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: EML TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Terryn, Johan"
<johan.terryn@eds.com>, Sven Rubben <sven_rubben@be.ibm.com>, Geert
Timmermans <geert_timmermans@be.ibm.com>

John,

Thank you for your answer. Our proposals for v5 may be seen as a first step in that direction, and we can continue working on this.

Regards,

Bernard

Bernard Van Acker
Certified IS Security Professional
Associate IT Architect
IBM Global Business Services
tel ++32 2 225 2939 mobile ++32 496 84 62 60
e-mail: Bernard_Vanacker@be.ibm.com

John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
06/02/2007 10:27
"Terryn, Johan" <johan.terryn@eds.com>, Bernard Van Acker/Belgium/IBM@IBMBE
cc
EML TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [election-services] Re: EML WHITE PAPER

Bernard

Certainly 520 can be used for media communication although we always envisaged that it would need to be extended or other schemas developed to meet those needs, as Johan says because they may require additional information.  At the time we didn't have any clear requirements for this so left it for future consideration.  These extra needs may be very different from country to country and therefore may have to be local extensions.  However perhaps if you and Johan could copy your versions to the TC we could see how much commonality there is and consider that for the next release of EML.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745