Subject: EML v5 - FINAL DRAFT FOR REVIEW

At long last we have completed the changes for v5.  Some late requests from NIST delayed us.  Thanks to Paul and David for their efforts.  The complete package is now available on the TC website under the EML Update folder in a zip file called EML Draft v5.

In the zip file you will find:
1. The Wishes list showing what changes were considered for v5.
2. The Changes Log - this is the document that we will have to publish with v5 in due course telling everybody what changes have been made.
3.  The Process and Schema documents with changes highlighted in red.
4.  The updated Data Dictionary; note you will have to turn on Track Changes to see the amendments.
5.  The schemas folder containing all the v5 schemas.

Will you please take time over the next two weeks to review these changes, particularly those that you have requested, and post any comments to the mailing list.  I propose we have a TC teleconference on Tuesday 6th March at 15.00 GMT to review any comments and start the formal approval process.   I will post the details of the teleconference in next few days.

So Actions for all:
1. Review the final draft and post any comments by 6th March
2. Put TC meeting date in your diaries.
3. Let me know immediately if you have any problems with any of this.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745