Subject: Re: [election-services] Quick Update from EML Lightning Round Talk at OASIS Symposium 2007

Joe

Glad to hear everything went well.   Hope you found it an interesting and beneficial experience

I had a chat with Chet Ensign from the crypto TC a few weeks ago and we agreed to keep in touch and try and support each other's requirements.  Clearly there's scope for each of us to promote the other's standards.

Thanks again for representing our TC.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745

----- Original Message ----
From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <jhall@SIMS.Berkeley.EDU>
To: OASIS EML TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, 21 April, 2007 7:23:23 PM

Hi All,

I gave the E&VS TC's Lightning Round talk this past Monday at the
OASIS symposium 2007.  The talk went well and I got a light laugh out
of one line ("While elections might not seem as complicated as say,
control systems protocols [a talk before me], you'd be surprised at
some of the challenges we have.").

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the reception... but I did get some
interest from Arshad Noor of StrongAuth, Inc. (he's Chair or Co-Chair
of a new PKI-ish TC, I believe).  He seemed interested in standards
for cryptographic voting... I told him we should have coffee sometime,
considering the nascent state of crypto in voting right now.

best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
UC Berkeley School of Information