Subject: Re: [election-services] Suggestion: publish XML diffs

Joe

This has been suggested before and I will attempt to do that for the next release of the documentation set.

Thanks for joining us on the call.  Hope it wasn't too early for you!!

John

Joseph Lorenzo Hall <jhall@SIMS.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

Hi all, I wanted to make one last comment on the call but apparently I
was muted when I thought I was not. Anyway, one suggestion I had that
would help me contextualize, understand and better discuss proposed
changes to EML would be to publish diffs of schemas, etc. that are
affected by proposed changes.

Right now in the E&VS TC group page, we have a ZIP file that includes
a bunch of XSDs that I presume have changed from previous versions.
While I could do the diffs myself with both versions in hand (using
the Oxygen XML Editor's DiffDirs or DiffFiles), we might should just
institute a practice of publishing diffs in these ZIP files. It would
be very similar to other types of development projects that publish
diffs in the way of patches.

Thoughts? best, Joe

PS: That was the first TC cal I believe I was actually able to make...
nice to put some voices to names.

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
UC Berkeley School of Information