Subject: RE: [election-services] EML INTEROP DEMO FLYER

Sounds a reasonable compromise.  The early voters have a choice of channels and the late ones do as they're told.

Views of others please?

John

"David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info> wrote:
John,

OK - I think we can solve this all - using the paper voting tokens - and establishing a maximum quota per channel.

So if we have say 5 channels and 150 attendees - each channel will have a maximum quota of 40 attendees.

This allows some wiggle room for over spill - but basically if you hit your quota - then you direct folks to the next channel.   Nice thing about that is that once you hit your quota - you can do your upload to the central count and finish up and get to the bar for a drink ahead of everyone else!

We'll know from the registrations how high we can set the quota.

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [election-services] EML INTEROP DEMO FLYER
From: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, August 22, 2007 4:36 am
To: EML TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>,
Carol.geyer@oasis-open.org,  Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>,
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org

I would welcome your comments on the attached flyer which I propose we give to all delegates at the Forum to explain what the Demo is about and what they have to do.  We should keep it to a two-pager so let's not go overboard on detail about EML and e-voting please.

The list of participants is only provisional at this stage but we will need to firm these up very soon so I would hope you can confirm your role at our telecon on 3 Sept.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john