Subject: Re: [election-services] FW: Question(s) for OASIS Forum's mock election

We've left the prerogative to OASIS for the questions, so if you're happy then we'll go with it.  Having said that my comments are:

How does Q1 inform future OASIS activity?  Isn't it a bit after the event?

We will need to reword/simplify Q2 to get it on the ballot paper!!

Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org> wrote:
How about these two questions for the mock election?
Best!
Dee
-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:41 AM
To: 'Dee Schur'
Subject: RE: Question(s) for OASIS Forum's mock election

Dee,
I say we use Pim's question:

When you looked at the programme before registering, among the five topic
areas
that will be presented at this conference, which one did you find most
interesting?
A) Business and Organizational Change
B) Applications and Processes
C) Quality of Service: Security
D) Collaboration
E) Quality of Service: Messaging

And the TAB question:

In which of the following areas would you most like to see OASIS be more
active
in the coming year?

a) Service Deployment, Management and Governance (includes monitoring,
change management, policies, repositories, SOA aspects more linked to
operation & mgt...)

b) Content Design, Semantics and Vocabularies (includes XML design,
ontologies and semantics, document design, mapping and transforms)

c) Messaging Layer protocols, functions and quality of service (includes
transport-related specifications, integration of QoS specifications,
security and access)

d) Post-standard support (adoption activities, conformance and
interoperability testing, usage profiling of standards by user communities,
localization)

e) Vertical Domains (industry-specific of domain-specific: environment,
insurance, geographics, government....)