Subject: Re: FW: Draft Voting System Guidelines Delivered to EAC, 9-6-07

Patrick

This is very good news.  It complements the Council of Europe Recommendation very nicely and now gives us a good pointer to use in our future efforts in USA and for our Interop Demo plans there.

Thank you very much for your efforts on our behalf.

Patrick Gannon <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org> wrote:
John Borras,

Please forward the following to the OASIS E&VS TC.  This is the final deliverable from the 3 year effort by the Technical Guidelines Development Committee, on which I served.

Please note that in the chapter on Common Formats, we succeeded in getting this notation included about the EML OASIS Standard.

Although these requirements do not mandate a specific
standard data format, manufacturers are encouraged to use consensus-based,
publicly available formats such as the OASIS Election Markup Language (EML)
standard [OASIS07] or those emanating from the IEEE Voting System Electronic
Data Interchange Project 1622 [P1622].

--
Patrick Gannon
+1.978.761.3546       - mobile