Subject: RE: EML v5 - OASIS STANDARD SUBMISSION

Hello John,

  The first order of business is for the TC to vote to submit the CS for OASIS Standard ballot. We couldn’t do that bit before because we didn’t have the three statements of use.  Would you like me to get that ballot underway?

Regards,

Mary

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:59 AM
To: Mary Mcrae
Cc: EML TC
Subject: EML v5 - OASIS STANDARD SUBMISSION

Mary

Now that EML v5 has been approved by the E&VS TC as a Committee Specification, we would like to move this version onto an OASIS Standard.  The required information follows in order for you to conduct the necessary ballot.

1.  Attached are the editable versions of the Committee Spec documentation.  Can you add the appropriate URLs please.  The schema files are available separately at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/election/eml/v5.0/pr02/EML-Schemas-v5.0/

2. The TC confirms that the schemas and XML instances are all well formed and all expressions are valid.

3.  A plain language summary of the Spec is as follows:

EML has been developed as a standard for the structured interchange of data among hardware, software, and service providers who engage in any aspect of providing election or voter services to public or private organisations.The objective has been to introduce a uniform and reliable way to allow systems involved in the election process to interoperate.

4.  We have been liaising very closely with the IEEE Voting System Electronic Data Interchange Project 1622, and their draft specification is seen as a compatible subset and USA localisation of EML.  The chair of that committee is a memebr of our TC.

5.  Statements of Use:

6.  Public Reviews:

1st PR  started  11/4/07   ended 10/06/07  annoucement http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200704/msg00014.html

2nd PR started  15/08/07  ended  30/08/07  annoucement http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200708/msg00003.html

No comments received

8.  There are no earlier attempts to standardise a similar spec.

10.  No minority reports from TC members exist.

I hope this covers everything required but please let me know if I have missed anything.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john