Subject: RE: [election-services] EML : USA INTEROP DEMO

John,

I'd come to the conclusion that, for whatever reasons, the NASED organizers had decided this was not something they are keen on promoting at this time.

Americans have this funny way of just ignoring you rather than just saying "no thanks"!

It's of course lamentable that they do not see the urgent need for standards in voting systems - or maybe they do - and just don't want to throw the spotlight on this at this moment in time.

Either way - I'm sure better opportunities will emerge to get our message across in 2008 - almost a certainty I'd wager!!!

DW