Subject: RE: [election-services] EML : USA INTEROP DEMO

John

Firstly my very best wishes to you for the New Year with many hopes that 2008 might provide more encouragement for the future implementation of EML following all of the hard work that we have all, and especially you, been involved in for many previous years.

I apologise for that I have joined this debate rather belatedly but can assure you that I have been following the correspondence etc with a great deal of interest.

Regretfully I agree with both David and Peter and that it really looks like this is not the time to face the US market.  We all know that all those involved in elections is the States, at this time, will have one election paramount on their minds and their slowness in responding to any requests from us and Dee emphasizes this.

Additionally we need to remember that our prime intention is to influence NIST and their lack of real interest at this time gives little encouragement.

Like you I was hoping that this might be a way to move forward but with just a month to go and still no real indication of likely costs, let alone possible advantages, leaves me convinced that we need to think again.

We need to ensure that anything we do is really effective and well thought out and I think, like Peter, that time is now against us.  Lets start thinking about how we might do something later in the year and make it something that will make US election officials sit up and think!

Best wishes

Roy Hill

Director Research and Innovation

OPT2VOTE Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own.

All emails have been scanned with Norton Antivirus