Subject: RE: [election-services] Newcastle uses Twitter for election result

Team,

Reality check - Twitter limits its blog entries to 140 characters.

Therefore de rigour there is to use simpleURL's that resolve to the real content.

Therefore from our perspective this is really just a messaging push/pull mechanism that delivers location of the actual content - and that can be standard EML 510 with a stylesheet to render in browser.

Contrary wise, as John and Paul know, when it come to localization Newcastle is probably an extreme case - noone else in England can probably read what the results say....and they can say it all in 140 characters or less- e.g.

Eee t' ladd did grand eh?  10,973
Sum outhr clloo'n                791

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [election-services] Newcastle uses Twitter for election
result
From: "Zelechoski, Peter" <pzelechoski@essvote.com>
Date: Thu, February 05, 2009 9:23 am
To: "Sven Rubben" <sven_rubben@be.ibm.com>, "Paul Spencer"
<paul.spencer@boynings.co.uk>
Cc: "EML TC" <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>, "John Borras"
<johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>

I think we are all agreeing that our EML results can be used by any end point to easily convert the result into whatever display form it chooses.  That is one of the strengths of a published, open standard -- others know it and can use it.  Our US news agencies should be doing the same, if we ever got all the players to put out EML.