Subject: Re: [election-services] P1622 submitted for ballot by IEEE Standards Committee

"They" are not currently in being.  This move by IEEE is to see if their membership wants to resurrect their work.  If they do then we'll establish new liaisons with them.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john

From: David RR Webber (XML) <david@drrw.info>
To: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: Election and Voter Services TC <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>; Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 8 February, 2009 3:40:37

John,

If I recall correctly - they were supposed to be working with us to produce a localization of EML for USA?

I'd be happy to demonstrate that approach for them using the OASIS CAM toolkit.

This would be massively less work than proceeding to revert back to the thinking they had 4 years ago.

Not to mention they also have time to provide input into the new EML V6 work too.

Thanks, DW