Subject: RE: [election-services] Deprecating EML 120 for EML 330 in V6

John,

I think Paul was saying we keep the 230 - but may need to add pieces there to cover off 120 functionality too.

Least ways that was how I read it.

Obviously we want to always simplify and rationalize as we can - but that's harder to do of course and takes more time to accomplish...

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "John Borras" <john@pensive.eu>
Date: Mon, March 30, 2009 12:22 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Cc: "eml " <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>

David

Just one (last) thought on all this.  We need to be aware of some criticisms in the past that some of the schemas are too large to process, so merging 330, 120 and 230 might just add to that criticism unless we can rationalise along the way.

Apart from the size issue I’m not sure it’s good design to have a multi-purpose schema as 330 will turn out to be – what’s your view on that aspect?

John