Subject: Re: [election-services] EML v6 : EAC REQUIREMENTS

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM, David RR Webber (XML) <david@drrw.info> wrote:
> The best thing for Laurent to do is to deputize me as the OASIS
> representative to the EAC - since most of the meeting are here at NIST -
> travel is not an issue for me.

I'm not sure EAC has such a role.  Plus, I'm not convinced that's what
they need.  They need to see that EML does work for US elections and
that people are using EML in real products.

> Plus then they have someone who has first hand knowledge of EML that can
> directly answer any technical implementation questions and work directly
> with the NIST researchers as needed - and relay back to the TC here also.
> Out of interest do we know when the next meeting is scheduled at NIST?

I'm not sure there is a next meeting.  Right now the TGDC has
delivered it's recommendations to the EAC and is now focused on test
suites, not more standards.  best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate