Subject: RE: [election-services] NIST workshop on common data format for ElectronicVoting Systems

Peter,

Contrarywise this is excellent news!  A major US voting solution vendor now has extensive EML support integrated into its product.

Congratulations!  We look forward to your future success with these capabilities.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [election-services] NIST workshop on common data format
for Electronic Voting Systems
From: "Zelechoski, Peter" <pzelechoski@essvote.com>
Date: Fri, July 31, 2009 8:54 am
To: "John Borras" <John@pensive.eu>, "David RR Webber (XML)"
<david@drrw.info>
Cc: "eml" <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>

Unfortunately, we did not win the Philippines business -- if we had you would have had an example for a whole country that used it to report at all levels from local to national.  Our bid there used EML for sending the definition to the machines and to the reporting units and then to send the results to all reporting units and to the press.  But that's how business goes; you win some and you lose some.