Subject: RE: [election-services] Groups - Draft EML v6 with public comment edits and global consistency changes (EML-v6-May-2010.zip) uploaded

Joe

As David points out, examples should not be considered as part of the specifications and non-normative parts of EML so we should look to post them as a separate exercise.   Let’s look to work on them in the near future please but only after David has cleared his decks with the EML changes.

David – thanks for the offer and Yes let’s do some work on this once we’ve got the next PR of EML v6 out.

John

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 02 June 2010 03:51
To: Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Cc: election-services; John Borras

Joe,

OK - I can generate those for you - but that will take extra time here.

I also have a PPT from 2009 that steps you through using EML for an election at US county level.

I will need to update that and make an OASIS version of that.  May take me a couple more weeks to even start into that given all the other deliverables on my plate.

I believe this in any case needs to be separate from the specifications AND non-normative - otherwise we get into more OASIS procedural issues.

Plus - other TCs have used their Wiki to drive a resource center for implementers with FAQ and examples etc - and of course TC members are free to contribute to ours.

Thanks, DW