Subject: FW: p1622: Discussion of Use Cases for Voting Systems Electronic Data Interchange standards

If anyone has any use cases that fit the criteria below, or have suggestions
for additional use cases, can you let me have them please so I can feed them
into the IEEE committee's work.

Thanks

From: stds-1622@ieee.org [mailto:stds-1622@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Arthur
Keller
Sent: 01 August 2010 19:04
To: stds-1622@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: p1622: Discussion of Use Cases for Voting Systems Electronic Data
Interchange standards

Several months ago, it was suggested that we develop a list of Use
Cases for our standard.

Let me start this discussion by giving these use cases.

1. Export of ballot definition files that can support remote printing
of vote-by-mail ballots.

2. Import into voting systems of cast vote records from locally
scanned remotely printed vote-by-mail ballots and using the ballot
definition files.

3. Export of voting data useful for auditing.

Please continue this discussion by replying to this thread.

(Note the pattern of import and export.  That's because our standard
is for electronic data *interchange*.)

You can add new use cases, or comment on use cases already mentioned.

Best regards,
Arthur

---
Arthur M. Keller, Ph.D., Technology and Information Management program,
University of California, Baskin School of Engineering
1156 High Street, Mailstop SOE3, Santa Cruz, CA  95066-1077
tel +1(831)459-1485, direct +1(650)424-0202, fax +1(650)424-0424
www.soe.ucsc.edu/~ark