Subject: EML v7 NEXT STEPS

Now that we have approved EML v7 as a Committee Specification (see http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/election/ballot.php?id=2130 ) we need to consider when we can move onto the final step in the approval process, that of it becoming an OASIS Standard.  Below is an extract from the TC Handbook that sets out the first stage of the process and focuses on the need for three Statements of Use.    It would be good to get a  feel from our organisational members, ie David, Peter and Sven,  when they will be able to provide the required Statements please.   Clearly it would be good to get past this stage before we get a request for further updates from IEEE/P1622 or other sources but I appreciate it may take time for them to adopt v7.

Often a Work Product will remain at the Committee Specification stage for a period of time while implementations are developed and tested. Only when a TC has received at least three Statements of Use from OASIS Organizational Members certifying that they have successfully implemented or are using the specification in accordance with the specification's conformance clause(s) is the TC able to progress the Work Product to Candidate OASIS Standard and submit it for OASIS Standard ballot.

Statements of Use:

§  A written statement by an OASIS Organizational Member stating that it is successfully using or implementing a specification in accordance with the conformance clauses stated therein; and stating whether its use included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS E&VS Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745