Subject: RE: [election-services] FW: Election Markup Language Version 7.0 approved and published as a Committee Specification

John -

We only need three and you have mine as one.  I would think we could get someone associated with PEW to throw their hat into the ring here since they are using the 505.  I don't know who else might be able to attest to usage, but surely someone can step up.

- Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:election-services@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of John Borras
Sent: 2011-12-12 3:23 AM
To: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org

Now that we have completed this stage we have the difficult problem of being able to proceed to full OASIS Standard approval.  If we cannot get the 3 Statements of Use then we will not be able to take v7.0 any further, and the consequence of that will be that we will not be able to make a submission to ISO.  So somehow we need to unlock this problem.  I would welcome some inventive thinking please.  Do you know any organisations not already within OASIS who could be encouraged to join and help us?

It would be a shame to have to stick at the Committee Spec stage now that we have the USA moving forward apace with EML.

Regards
John Borras

Chair OASIS E&VS Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745