Subject: RE: EML v7.0

David

Let's put a marker down, say in October, to start a v7.1 after IEEE have finished their current round of work and we will then push that version all the way through to ISO.  Anything emerging after that will have to wait.

At least now getting the 3 Statements of Use should be easier and reduce the timescale.

From: David Webber [mailto:david.webber@oracle.com]
Sent: 10 August 2012 15:48
To: John Borras

Some annoying bugs we need to fix. Slipped through the previous review.

Yes - the ISO process could be smoother.  We should be able to enter into it - and then certify the current version.

I thought things had changed there - that certainly is how the W3C is working their relationship with ISO.

We need to make these changes though - obviously I'm not rushing to have to do v7.1 - but cannot see way around this.

Hopefully we can get through the current round of work with IEEE. This is the really important piece - on accelerated schedule for this November use  The rest of it is likely to take much longer - so will give us gap to get the v7.1 through OASIS.

David