emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Product Directory Details

EMA Collateral & Documents SC:

Again, my apologies for the confusion on today's call. Our IT manager was
unavailable to dial in.

Below are the project requirements I provided IT (based on SC input), which
they agreed to deliver by the end of March. Please let me know if this is
not what you had in mind or if there are specific questions you still have.

Thanks,
Carol

****
Project: Add a product directory to the Emergency Interoperability Member
Section web site http://www.oasis-emergency.org/. The basic functionality of
the product directory will be similar to http://dita.xml.org/products.

1. People will be able to register and post/edit product entries. The
registration form should be similar to http://dita.xml.org/user/register,
but the Name, Organization, and Phone fields will be required.

Permissions for product directory submitters will be configured so the only
thing they are able to do on the site is submit/edit a directory listing.
(We don't want them editing any other pages on the MS site.)

2. The product directory will "display all" by default or allow the viewer
to filter by the following criteria:

OASIS Standard or Spec Supported:
[ ] CAP 1.1
[ ] CAP 1.2
[ ] CAP US IPAWS
[ ] EDXL-HAVE 1.0
[ ] EDXL-DE 1.0
[ ] EDXL-RM 1.0

Interoperability/Conformance:
[ ] Participated in OASIS Interop Demo
[ ] Listed in US Responder Knowledge Base (RKB)
[ ] Completed US NIMS STEP Evaluation

Other:
[ ] Provided by OASIS member
[ ] Open source

4. The page layout should resemble
http://searchitchannel.bitpipe.com/plist/Linux.html with very short teaser
descriptions, so more listings can be displayed on one page than on DITA
XML.org.

5. We would like OASIS members to receive special visibility such as:

A) Listings from OASIS members appear in boldface; listings from non-members
appear in plain text.

B) Listings from OASIS members appear at the top of the list, followed by
non-members.

C) Logos for OASIS Sponsor member companies are included in their listings
(as in the example directory from searchitchannel). Note: if it's possible,
staff could do this by hand--there are only three Sponsors in Emergency now,
and the visibility might encourage others to upgrade.

6. This disclaimer should appear at the top or in a side box:

This directory is provided as a community resource and is not the result of
any certification program or compliance testing. Authors are solely
responsible for the accuracy of their entries. OASIS encourages readers to
evaluate this information independently.

7. To prevent spam, we'd like to have a moderator approve each post before
it's published. Carol will act as moderator initially. (Note: at this point,
they estimate there are 30 products that support the OASIS standards, so it
won't be a huge directory.)

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.978.667.5115 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php