emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Re: [emergency-adopt-docs] Re: [emergency] CAP Example Practices Notes Available for Comment Until May 20

Jacob,

I'm copying my last response to comments you sent just prior to the public comment phase (I had already addressed prior comments in earlier versions).

Jacob,

Thanks for the information. What you say makes sense, but I don't think we want to provide example practices at this level of detail. I think the general point needs to be made that embedded fields shouldn't be filtered on. I added the following:

"Note: Feed clients should not process of filter alerts based on separate CAP alert elements or sub-elements embedded in the feed for display or summary purposes. Feed clients must parse or filter the elements and sub-elements of the original CAP alert, which should be linked in the feed."

If you want to provide more comments and nail this down better, please participate in the public review phase, which has been approved at today's C & D SC meeting. Doing this also will let a broader class of participants see your comments.

I really appreciate all the feedback you have provided. I recently moved the examples into the text and a new Appendix as you and others have suggested in comments to the Elements doc.

Tony

I didn't receive any further comments during the public comment phase so I assumed all was well. Perhaps Rex can provide more feedback on the process.

Tony