emergency-adopt message

Subject: Ideas for Possible Subcommittees of the EM Adoption TC

EM Adoption TC Members,

For your consideration, discussion and feedback, here are some ideas about
how we could form Subcommittees (SC) with our new TC.  I do not expect that
we would vote on any of these today, but they are suggestions for
consideration.

We could form Subcommittees to focus work on various deliverables.  We could
have Subcommittees for:

- Events & Demos SC
	This SC could work on organizing speakers and topics for events that
the EM Adoption TC decides to support. They could also be responsible for
organizing scenarios and planning of OASIS Interop events.

- Collateral & Documents SC
	This SC could be responsible for writing or editing whitepapers,
primers, slide presentations, etc.  They could also take responsibility for
updating the collateral on the EI MS website:
http://www.oasis-emergency.org/  along with the TC's public webpage:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency-adopt/

- Outreach & Education SC
	This SC could be responsible for identifying, building and
maintaining relationships with external organizations.  For example,
building relationships with US Health & Human Services (HHS) Department to
promote EDXL-HAVE OASIS Standard.  Outreach and liaison with other
international bodies (e.g. ITU-T, JTC1 SC37) could be handled here.

We could also form Subcommittees that support communities of interest.

- Meteorological SC
	This SC could focus on the global adoption of the CAP OASIS Standard
(and ITU-T X.1303) by weather and meteorological agencies world-wide.
Participation by WMO in this SC would be very helpful.

These suggestions are provided to begin discussion.  What do others think?

Patrick Gannon
President & COO
Warning Systems, Inc.
+1 256 880 8702 x104  (office)