emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: RE: [emergency-cap-profiles] FEMA Practiioner Group Review

All - the following message is being sent on behalf of Denis Gusty, S&T
Program Manager:

To the OASIS IPAWS CAP Profile TC:

I wanted to provide a response to Art's comments and hopefully address
any questions or confusion.  The intent of providing the IPAWS Profile
document to our Practitioner Working Group (PWG) was and is to solicit
direct feedback from those directly involved in generating EAS alerts.
We will be seeking feedback on our Profile Requirements as well as on
the Profile itself, which are two separate deliverables.  The IPAWS CAP
Profile TC has committed to meeting twice weekly in order to expedite
the Profile process.  We unfortunately do not have the luxury to keep
the PWG up on all the fast and dynamic work from the TC.  We provided
them with the original document to gain their feedback in a parallel
process to your work.  We intend to take their inputs and incorporate
the relevant and substantive comments into the OASIS 60 day public
comment period.  The PWG Profile Requirements review should not detract
from the Profile review nor lessen the value of the document or work
accomplished to date.

I hope this helps.  Thank you all for your hard and dedicated work on
the IPAWS CAP Profile.  I know you have all put in a lot of time and we
value your expertise and the OASIS process.  The IPAWS PMO and the S&T
PMO is grateful for your commitment to this important project.

Regards,
Denis Gusty, PMP
Program Manager
Office for Interoperability and Compatibility
Science and Technology
Department of Homeland Security