emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Groups - Map of Australian and OASIS processes to deliver CAP(AU)P (Map of Australian and OASIS process to deliver the CAP(AU)P standard.DOC) uploaded

EM CAP Profiles SC Members,

Thank you for your contributions during the Profiles SC call on May 4,
2011.  The discussion certainly enlightened me about the OASIS processes
that Australia will need to comply with in order to obtain the OASIS
endorsement we seek for the Australian CAP Profile.

I am strongly in favour of seeking a solution that is simple, flexible and
works with the resource constraints that are evident within OASIS.  I
support the approach that Doug Allport has promoted, and can foresee that
Dougs approach will benefit OASIS because it will allow OASIS to induct
the Canadian Profile in parallel with the Australian Profile and set the
precedent for other countries to leverage upon at minimal cost to both the
country and to OASIS.

The approach is particularly relevant to the Australian environment because
we are already developing the CAP Profile in Australia using a
government-recognised standards development process, so I would prefer not
to incur the extra overhead of progressing a parallel standards development
process through OASIS if at all possible.  Ideally, Australia would like to
simply seek to obtain an endorsement from OASIS that the CAP Australian
Profile will work with the parent OASIS CAP standard.

Accordingly, can you please review the document attached to this email that
collates my current thoughts regarding the processes that I perceive will
need to be managed in order to deliver the CAP-AP product in Australia.
Each step in the table produces an output that is a required dependency for
the next step, and where Australian and OASIS activities are noted within a
single step, I anticipate that they can be completed in parallel.

Does this table capture the critical issues associated with the development
processes?  If not, can you please submit any comments via the SC email
list.

By the way  I am intending to revise the acronym CAP-AP to CAP(AU)P so
that it reflects the correct ISO3166 country code for Australia (i.e. AU).
This format still makes sense when expanded in a long title  CAP Australia
Profile.

Other issues that need attention from OASIS are:
	Maintenance of changes for the Australian CAP Profile - a critical issue
for Australia as we will want to be proactive about updating the content of
our Profile when required (particularly the event code list), but we will
also want to seek endorsement from OASIS that whatever we choose to change,
will not break CAP.
	Editorial rights will also be critical for Australia as we wish to retain
the right to change what we wish to change, but agree that we must seek
OASIS input to establish whether the proposed changes will not break CAP.

Regards,

Greg Trott
CAP(AU)P Project Manager

 -- Mr. Greg Trott

The document named Map of Australian and OASIS processes to deliver
CAP(AU)P  (Map of Australian and OASIS process to deliver the CAP(AU)P
standard.DOC) has been submitted by Mr. Greg Trott to the EM CAP Profiles
SC document repository.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42026