emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] PPW letter re CAP

Thanks Art,

This is very informative and useful. If I might suggest a way of
addressing the specific issue of full-spectrum media specification, I
think we should make it clear, perhaps with a disclaimer in the spec
or an open letter invitation aimed at broadcast television media
representatives to the effect that due to a lack of representation of
these interests combined with uncertainty about both near-future
technological development and existing and/or planned technical
standards directly related to these media, we were unable to include
such media in this initial, admittedly partial CAP specification.
This assumes that we all agree that the goal of including these media
is unanimously supported if we can determine that it is both
appropriate within OASIS and does not conflict with other efforts.

Just tryin to be helpful.

Ciao,
Rex

--