emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: CAP "future" enhancement?

Tracy - thanx for forwarding the comment on to us. Darrell brings up a
very good point that resonates around "how" CAP alerts are to be
exchanged in an interoperable fashion, which has been a very colorful
debate within the committee to say the least. As such, I will stop
short of providing a response to the question directly, but rather
cc:ed the EM TC Public Comment list so the entire group can further
discuss on our next call.

Darrell: I think it would be very helpful if you reply to the Public
Comment list with additional details on what, specifically, you are
looking for from us. In other words, what did the current CAP spec have
or not have that would have addressed your questions, and what kind of
answer would ultimately provide you with enough information to
accomplish what you need to accomplish?

Thanx - Allen

On Feb 19, 2004, at 2:07 PM, Tracy Ryan wrote:

> Alan -- Darrell Gaskins, from Deloitte Consulting (a new member of the
> EIC) has a question re: future CAP standard enhancement plans (see
> below).   Can you answer??
>
> Thanks!
> Tracy

> Important question--  are there any plans to extend the CAP spec to
> include sending notifications directly to *devices* at any point in
> the future?
>
> This will afect the way we build our web service for Plantronics and
> others.
>
> Thanks--
>
> Darrell
>
> darrell gaskins | DELOITTE
> 285 peachtree center ave | suite 2000 | atlanta | ga | 30303
> cell: 404-395-9386 | office: 404-631-2301 | fax: 212-202-4201
> dgaskins@deloitte.com | www.deloitte.com
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC
emergency-tc@earthlink.net