emergency-comment message

Subject: RE: [CAP] RE: CAP-list digest, Vol 1 #60 - 3 msgs

Rex Buddenberg wrote:
> The technical authenticity hooks are all in CAP, but
> that doesn't prohibit a hoaxter (but it may make him
> less anonymous than predecessor systems).
	I can't see the "hooks" that you say are in CAP. CAP seems to
provide only a single, optional, clear-text password field as a means
for authentication and although it mentions WS-Security, there is no
discussion in the specification of how WS Security would be used in
CAP. There is certainly not enough information here to produce
independent interoperable solutions.
	Could you please be more specific about where the "hooks" for
authentication are? Also, can you present an example of a CAP message
that uses any of these "hooks"?

		bob wyman