emergency-comment message

Subject: RE: [emergency-comment] Fwd: CAP Implimentation in CompassLDE

There are a number of ways to do this, but the architecture our members
have developed and trialed in the field with CAP assumes that:

1.  any emergency agency (broad definition of "agency") can initiate a
CAP message (down the road there will need to be some rules about that)

2.  either the initiating application, or a message broker serving it,
either has the addresses (a local system), or queries a directory for
the electronic addresses of agencies which have registered to receive
it, and then transmits the message

3.  one example of such a directory is the Emergency Provider Access
Directory (EPAD) we are putting together, helped by a DOJ grant.  There
agencies register who they are, what service they provide, what
incidents they want to hear about, the geographic area(s) of their
incident interest, and the address(es) to which they want data sent.

4.  Thus, for example, each client agency of yours would register the
CompassCom electronic address for the incident types it wanted to
receive for its area.

5.  Message initiators would not need to know recipient agencies.

We put a short Flash on our website (www.comcare.org) to illustrate
this.  The link is on the left hand column of the website's front page.

David Aylward
Director
The ComCARE Alliance
888 17th St., N.W.