emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] CAP IPAWS Profile Comments

Hi David,

We address all comments, and our resolutions can be found in the
IssuesLists, where we record them as we go through the process. Those
we decide to incorporate are included in the revised specification
document. You can find the resolutions in the IssuesList. The last
IssuesList is located at (and can be downloaded from) the Documents
page of the EM CAP Profiles SC in the Resources folder:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-cap-profiles/download.php/33000/CAPv1.1-IPAWS-Profile-v1.0-PR01-IssuesList_v2.4.xls

You can see what the resolutions were for issues you submitted. As I
recall several were decided as out of scope for this particular work,
but should be addressed in CAP v1.2 for which we are in the midst of
the Public Review.

I should say, just for the record, that v1.2 is intended to be a
relatively quick fix for a very few specific issues and we are poised
to take up the task of gathering formal requirements for CAP 2.0 as
soon as CAP v1.2 work is concluded.

I'm sure you are aware of the difference between between a minor
revision within a numerical series, e.g. 1.x and a major revision
that starts a new numerical series, e.g. 2.0.

So we have to weigh whether or not an issue falls within one or the
other category, and the longer we spend on 1.2, which is also likely
to vex this profile as well; the longer it will take for us to tackle
2.0.

I haven't gone over your comments completely, but I can see where at
least one is a typo, which shows me that I will need to go over this
thoroughly when I have some time, and mark which ones are
correctable. This will have to happen after I compile the redline
version which marks the deltas between the first Public Review and
the next one.

At this point in our process specifications need to be frozen until a
decision is taken, and any changes that the TC approves will made at
that time. However, for now, this work has moved out of the SC
process and is now a TC matter. You may already have known this, but
I wanted to be clear about it anyway.

It is always a temptation for an editor to take care of "little"
fixes, but I can attest that that can get us in difficulties. So all
I can promise is that I will mark the ones that won't need discussion
so that I can do those quickly at the time needed for a possible
"approved as corrected" motion. If the TC declines to approve this
draft, it will go back to the SC, most likely.

For now, I'm really working hard to catch up on a number of works in
progress, following a recent presentation as well as this work, and
the new work we have started.

Cheers,
Rex

--