emergency-comment message

Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] NIMS STEP comment - TractorFax

Hi Rex,

I wish to touch on a few things regarding your email reply, if I may.

First, IRIS is rejected at the local level, mainly because it's a "report in"  (typical government approach, like IRS taxes).  End users report their inventory in, and then local officials tell me their common sense says if they report all of their inventory in (tier I & II), then their jurisdiction's resources, if allocated and deployed to others in need, is at risk of depleted inventory and getting caught without.  And then there is that local level mind set that lean towards "it's our resource/inventory, and that's not anyone else's business".  And, of course, there's always the "what do you expect for free" remark.

Then when you comment:  "What I am working on is third-party translation ontology that can provide EDXL-compatible terms/datatypes for Resources in the FEMA Resource Typing system which the firestations we are supporting need to coordinate and align with their own industry-supplied inventories. It is no easy task getting interoperability at this level."

Intriguing... Let's address the ongoing 120 resource typing definitions, the 120 was an issue during our actual NIMS evaluation way back in 2008.  We grand slammed that too out of the ball park. Our issue, like others, with the FEMA Resource Typing System is the attempt to uniform and retro fit today's public (15%ers) -private (85%ers)  unlimited resources into unified Resource Typing System.  You realize the 120 is facing a major over-haul, those efforts are always underway. Caution to the wind; It's a which came first, the chicken or the egg - catch 22....

HINT: It seems TractorFax (think Trac-pedia) is always reiterating our same message here,: whether the resource is firetrucks or heavy equipment, a resource is a resource is a resource. We/TractorFax realized earlier on certain resources, more specifically private sector (85%ers) will, someday, bring much valueable lugage (own industry - supplied inventories/resources) to RM environments abroad.

With our NIMS evaluation in hand, NIMS STEP evaluated and deployment ready TractorFax (think Trac-pedia) solved the heavily dialogued, and still debated, FEMA Resource Typing System issues through functionality, searchable google type + social networking type features segmented by zip code.  In addition we enhanced (tweaked) our 120 resource typing feature to "UNLIMITED".  A laser focused hybird system within systems found to be fully NIMS compliant.  "No easy task" indeed, but it can be done with enough time and money!

With the built-in functionalities (google type features) and enhancement 1, TractorFax by far exceeds the FEMA Resource Typing system ever evolving needs; RM roles and responsibilities functions are searchable not only by type, but also by definition, description, physical location (zip code), predetermined availability, its preplanned cost, etc...  TractorFax is far beyond all this...

Moving forward, the "Techie" you are, TractorFax next big thing planned for release is a mobile app specific to RM.  RMLens is a mobile app where, through a mobile devices view finder, as authorized users view resources, scanning over the resource, then immediately converts the viewed resource into commonality types, predetermined availability, resource description statements, with integrated best practices based on lessons learned (alike past events) etc... in mind.

In clsoing, I encourage you and yours to view the "TractorFax Technologies NIMS STEP synergy ppt with notes".  Our slideshare link is: http://www.slideshare.net/tractorfaxtech/tractorfax-technologies-nims-step-synergy-ppt-with-notes-2012-final

Funding and strategically implementing, that first end user customer is all that remain in bringing TractorFax from the "tech lab" to "end users reality" in fulfilling the shortfalls, so I'm told....

I hope you find this helpful.  Let's stay in touch!

Jerome
501-259-5007
tractorfax@ymail.com