emergency-gis message

Subject: Note about GML

At 02:56 PM 7/29/2003 +0000, Bill Schroeder wrote:
>The proposal distriubted by Elliot last week has set a GML 3 profile, the
>CAP schema would be an application schema based on that, it would  extend
>those generic types to the CAP features.

Just to set the record straight, I did consider but did
not pursue the idea of making the CAP schema a GML 3
profile. Instead, I just referenced some few elements
(and associated attributes) defined in GML versions
2 and 3.

This approach was undertaken merely to demonstrate one
way in which CAP alert messages are able to be handled
in mapping applications that are GML-capable. Such a
demonstration might lead to an Implementors Note, but
I don't anticipate proposing a standard GML profile for
CAP, nor a normative statement in CAP about GML.