emergency-gis message

Subject: Re: [emergency] CAP and GML

I went ahead and cross posted my response to the GIS and MSG SCs, since
the topics were that of CAP and GML.

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 20:17, Carl Reed wrote:
> A couple of days ago, Eliot passed on a GML encoding of two EDIS messages. I
> passed the GML code onto Ron Lake, Editor of the OpenGIS GML specification.
> I received the following back:

Talk about right from the horse's mouth! :)

> HI Carl:
>
> I looked at the instance quickly. It looks ok - only would recommend
> that they not use <gml:coord> element since it is deprecated in GML 3. I
> did not check all details - but it looks fine - would need the schema to
> see if there are any other problems.

> As Ron appears to be willing to review any GML that we use as examples for
> implementations of the CAP, I would suggest we pass him the schema.
>
> Thoughts?

Since this (CAP schema) is publicly posted on the site, it should be no
problem for him to review. I, for one, would LOVE to hear his comments
and be further educated on how we can ensure our efforts can be
"GIS-powered". Having someone take these messages and display them
geospatially according to their GML description would be an excellent
validation of CAP as a whole. ESRI - is that something you guys can do?

Allen