emergency-gis message

Subject: Re: [emergency-gis] RE: Notes from September 9th Teleconference

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 14:49, Carl Reed wrote:
> ·       Associated with internationalization is Versioning. Need to be
> able to deal with symbol versions. There will be updates, additions,
> etc to the normative EM Symbol set.

would be wise to look into the "importing" features of XML Schema. this
would allow your schema to import current versions (or parts of - to
help control interop) of other schemas. this separates our schema from
the others in a way that allows them to grow at their pace, and yet our
implementations to grow at our pace.

just a thought - allen

--
R. Allen Wyke