emergency-gis message

Subject: Notes from today's call

[Errors and omissions are my own and I trust the other attendees will
correct them as necessary.]

Today's joint call of the Messaging and GIS subcommittees was
attended by Rex Brooks, Carl Reed, Art Botterell, Gary Ham, Kon
Wilms, Rob Torchon, Waleed Ramadan and Kwasi Speede.

Art opened by asking whether a registry would have any role in
documenting usage conventions for CAP.  The consensus was that it
probably wouldn't, so we'll have to deal with that separately, at
least for now.

Rex proposed that we should start with a survey of registries in
terms including costs, features and hosting options, and then use
that as a point of departure for a requirements document that might
be passed to the Emergency Interoperability Consortium for action.
He suggested that getting presentations from some of the major
players might be a good place to start.

By consensus the group agreed to return a recommendation to the full
TC that it conduct such a "feasibility study," possibly under the
aegis of the Infrastructure Subcommittee.