emergency-gis message

Subject: Professional Surveyor Archives.htm

 <<Professional Surveyor Archives.htm>>

Relative to the CAP standard's use of WGS 84 and the desire of some to allow
any Coordinate Reference System (CRS). As you can see from this article the
US DoD has learned to standardize with this CRS.

I know in North America we don't have the transformation weakness they have
in Afghanistan, but there is still no international standards for
transformation parameters (going from one Coordinate Reference System to
another).

I think it's best if CAP sticks with WGS 84, and if we add the capability to
use others - it's optional and at the users risk.

Dave

Professional Surveyor Archives.htm