emergency-gis message

Subject: Groups - Suggested changes for CAP 2.0 - CRS andGML (Best Practices for CRS - for OASIS.doc) uploaded

RE: Suggested Change Requests for CAP 2.0

 -- Dr Carl Reed

The document named Suggested changes for CAP 2.0 - CRS and GML (Best
Practices for CRS - for OASIS.doc) has been submitted by Dr Carl Reed to
the EM GIS SC document repository.

Document Description:
If CAP is to be considered by the international community as a truly
international standard, then both normative and informational narrative
will need to added to the document. Much of this has to do with observing
existing international best practices and standards for dealing with
geospatial content  including coordinate reference systems and geometry
(areas). However, at the same time we do not wish to harm the simplicity
of implementation of the current specification nor do we wish to break
backwards compatibility.

Therefore, the following is recommended for discussion as change requests
for CAP 2.0.

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-gis/download.php/11254/Best%20Practices%20for%20CRS%20-%20for%20OASIS.doc

View Document Details: