emergency-gis message

Subject: 10 minutes late, no one on call

Hi Folks,

Like every Friday, today was one of the two or three days in this
week (maybe) when I can actually concentrate on problem solving, (as
it happens, I'm still struggling to get an EDXL-RM app together so
that's what I was working on, but regardless that's no excuse), so I
got into tunnel vision and blinked awake ten minutes late for the
meeting and found that no one's on the call.

It's summer vacation season following right after the spring
conference season, so its a tough time to get people together.
However we have some important work to do and I know if I was Carl I
would start asking myself whether anyone is interested enough to get
to this work.

I'm sure everyone will be wondering why it didn't get done when we
get started on CAP 2.0 and EDXL-DE 1.x or 2.0 and need geo-oasis to
be ready to use, and we'll still be in the same position we were in
with EDXL-HAVE and EDXL-RM.

Now I understand it is no one else's responsibility to get any of us
to wake up and get connected in time for a meeting, and I suspect
that if had gotten to the call on time we'd have had only two or
three people on the call, but I would have been happy to push even
one baby step further along the process.

This is not the most exciting work we do, but it is absolutely necessary.

I'll stay on the call till the top of the hour, if anyone wants to
discuss the work.

Cheers,
Rex
--