emergency-gis message

Subject: Re: [emergency-gis] RE: Teleconference tomorrow - cancelled

Elysa -

Finally catching up on some outstanding actions. I am a bit behind - way to many activities going on in the standards world right now. I have also been involved in helping 3 new OGC staff get up top speed.

Anyway, I have engaged the OGC GML Domain Working group to help craft the new OASIS GML Where profile based on the December 2009 version of the requirements document. We will be having a meeting in Toulouse next week (BoF) to hopefully finalize the schema for the profile. I can then update the actual draft spec document (the old 2007 where doc) and we can move forward.

Regards

Carl

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 9:58 AM

Hi Carl,

I'm sorry to hear this call wont make.  I was planning to join.  There are some things we need to resolve with regard to the Geo-OASIS Where profile.  It seems the simple-type concept is not going to meet the needs of the Committee.  I'm concerned that we are going to fast find ourselves in need of an update to our geospatial representations within our Standards and we wont be ready.

Please post a date for a make-up meeting.  Alternatively, let's be prepared on the Sept 10 regularly scheduled call to make some sincere progress in this area.

Regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC
CTO, Warning Systems, Inc.