emergency-if message

Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] EDXL-AT & Situational Awareness

It sounds like an agenda item for the F2F to me.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development
Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)
-----Original Message-----
From: Renato Iannella [mailto:renato@nicta.com.au]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 6:17 PM
To: Emergency_Mgt_Msg_SC; emergency-if@lists.oasis-open.org

On 17 Mar 2007, at 22:14, Rex Brooks wrote:

> If at all possible, even if it means spending a lot of time in a
> crash project, we should build EDXL-RIM before or concurrently with
> any new specs. We need to get that EDXL-RIM sucker done yesterday!

I think this is most critical at the moment.

My feelings are that we currently haver 4 specs that, to some extent,
are incompatible.
There is no "common framework" between them and no consistent
mechanisms for
describing areas, people, orgs, event types and value lists (etc).

I would recommend to the TC that the EDX-RIM become the next priority
item.

And that all future specs (including updates to the current 4) be
based on the RIM.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

IEM CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ OUR NOTICE:
http://www.iem.com/e_mail_confidentiality_notice.html