emergency-if message

Subject: Re: [emergency-if] Groups - 09/01/2009 Agenda IF SC Meeting (09-01-09Agenda IF SC Meeting.doc) uploaded

Thanks for the reply, Carl,

The core services I refer to are the same. Brand Niemann was on the call
today and will be coordinating the NCOIC Cloud Computing Pattern as
well, so yup, left and right hands are working together, now. I was
aprosed of the core services earlier but not with detailed info suitably
well documented for me to include in the first draft of the Pattern I'm
working.

What I was relatively unaware of was the extent to which the P-25 Radio
system nationwide at what appears to be all levels but especially at the
local level was/is inadequately coordinated and the whole BSI ROIP
standard effort seems like an orphan out there on its own without any
siblings or much focused support.

Sensors play in the same sandbox, as you know, so there's a lot of
coordinating to do and it certainly does not look like anyone has really
stepped up to take that coordination and communication on in an
effective way.  Effective in this case would include ensuring that the
parties that are already in the sandbox are communicating. Fortunately,
we can change that.

Cheers,
Rex