emergency-if message

Subject: ValueListURN/URI Proposal

Hi Everyone,

I won't have time to go into the details due to some unexpected tasks
reviewing the SOA End-to-End-Resource-Planning specifications, but I
want to at least get the basic proposal out today.

I propose we specify the ValueListURN specifically for EDXL-DE so that
policy-and-content-based routing can be robustly supported with the kind
of scalability and security required for national and state level
confidence and reliability. I don't have the time to get into the
details of why this is necessary. I will return to this with more
specific requirements.

I also propose we specify a new element, the ValueListURI which can take
a URL for EDXL-RM, HAVE, SitRep and TEP terminological disambiguation
and ease of reference where it will not choke distribution because the
ValueListURIs apply within the content of the message and need not be
parsed for distribution.

I will stop at this point with a word about requirements. I intend to
specify Use-Cases for each of these elements and to derive requirements
from those Use Cases, including the one currently being developed for
the ValueListURN in the RIM SC. I think we need to be rigorous about
requirements and Use Cases. This is something that needs to be discussed
in more detail as well.

Cheers,
Rex

--