emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-11-23-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-11-23-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from our last Infrastructure Framework (IF)
Meeting of November 23, 2010 for approval at our next meeting, subject to
any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-11-23-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-11-23-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
Since the group has completed its review of edits for the DE 2.0 issues
list, it's now time to make the specified changes to the schema. Jeff
uploaded a zip file containing a candidate draft DE 2.0 schema with
examples. At todays meeting, the group reviewed Don's recommended changes
to this proposed draft DE 2.0 schema.  Topics discussed included the
following:

1.  TOPIC: Review the Draft DE 2.0 Schema with Examples:  (Jeff posted a
draft DE 2.0 schema in a zip file with examples incorporating most of the
changes from the DE 2.0 Issues List, including using Xlink for linking
content items, utilizing a GML-compliant Where profile from GeoRSS, and
utilizing a reorganized schema supporting the use of DE content-descriptive
elements in non-DE wrappers, such as SOAP. Don posted an email with
suggested revisions and a revised version of Jeff's DE 2.0 schema. Don
presented his suggested changes which were helpful and the group proceeded
to review Don's recommended modifications as noted in the topics below. )

2.  TOPIC: Expanding Common Types  Should we expand the Common Types to
match those proposed in the Situation Reporting specification? (Answer
Yes. )

3.  TOPIC: Don's DE 2.0 Draft Schema Changes:  Do we agree on the changes
recommended by Don to the Draft DE 2.0 Schema (Answer  Most of the
recommendations were approved. Details are in the minutes summary)

4.   TOPIC #4: Should we use Abstract types instead of Choice for
contentXML and nonContentXML? (Answer  Undecided. More examples and
discussion needed)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40508

Download Document: